Degree Apprenticeships in Chartered Surveying
The Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Surveying will prepare you for a role as a Chartered Surveyor. The main duties and tasks of a surveyor are:
• To provide professional advice and recommendations to clients relating to land, property or construction
• To manage client instructions from engagement to completion
• To liaise with other professionals
• To negotiate contracts and price
• To analyse data relating to land, buildings or construction
• To follow due diligence in providing advice to clients
• To undertake detailed inspections of buildings, land or construction
• To analyse information from inspections or visits to buildings, land and construction sites
Skills you will learn on your Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Surveying
- You will learn about the law and the role of legal advisers relating to either acquisition/disposal of property, standard forms of building contracts or other property related contracts. You will also learn to negotiate and agree terms for the acquisition/disposal of property, standard forms of building contracts or other property related contracts and liaise with legal advisers.
- Understand the methods and techniques for providing information, data and advice to clients and be able to provide it.
- Accounting procedures and methods for obtaining and managing finance in relation to property.
- How to ensure and recommend safe and secure working environments for self and others.
- Build sustainability into projects and how to influence client behaviour
- Describe the technology of complex buildings including materials and provide advice relating to the construction technology of buildings and their materials.
- Manage client instructions from engagement to completion
What Qualifications will I have at the end of this Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Surveying?
Degree apprentices will achieve a degree in Surveying and will become full chartered members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. The degree will incorporate vocational and academic elements.
What types of jobs will this Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Surveying qualify me to do?
The Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Surveying will prepare you for a number of different types of surveying roles including:
• Building Surveyors
• Commercial Property Surveyors
• Residential Property Surveyors
• Planning and Development Surveyors
• Valuation Surveyors
• Consultant (Professional) Quantity Surveyors
• Consultant (Professional) Project Management Surveyors
How can I apply for this Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships are advertised by the employers and you apply in the same way you would for a job. Vacancies can be found on the government website for apprenticeships