Your students could be missing out on additional funding for university
Download your free teaching resources
As a social enterprise The Scholarship Hub is dedicated to helping students understand how to find and apply for scholarships, grants and bursaries for university, have more money in their pocket and reduce their overall debt.
Recent research* has shown that despite there being over £150 million pounds of scholarship funding available for UK students, only 30% of students even apply, citing the belief that they will not be eligible.
Given the cost of going to university is now a major concern for students, sixth form teachers and careers advisers are being asked to make this a part of their overall discussions on applying to and funding university.
Help us to raise awareness of this funding
We have created a set of free teaching resources, which you can use as you wish, to help raise awareness and understanding among prospective university students of what they could to eligible to apply for.
The resources include:
- A poster to use around the school or at HE events
- A leaflet for students and their parents – you can order printed copies from us
- A short explainer video
- A Guide for teachers and careers advisers to help you understand what is available
- A few slides which would fit in to your overall presentation on Higher Education
- An article about scholarship funding which you can use in a newsletter or on your website
- An article about Degree Apprenticeships – another great way to fund university
Please use them either in the classroom or at your Higher Education Parents Evening. We generally find that parents are even more receptive to this information as it affects them too.
We hope you find these resources informative and useful but if you have any feedback or questions, we would love to hear from you.
Sign up for a teachers’ account
If you would like to keep up to date with all the funding news, register for a teachers’ account with The Scholarship Hub. By subscribing to our newsletter, you will be kept up to date of all the new funding opportunities that are available to your students.
*National Student Money Survey 2018