The first winner for this scholarship has now been announced, but keep an eye out for news of the next round, coming soon.
The last few weeks have been extremely difficult for everyone, with exams being cancelled, universities and schools closing and everyone being told to stay at home. However, as a result of all this, you and your family are probably doing a lot more shopping online and now you can convert all this online shopping in to a chance of winning a new £500 scholarship.
This new scholarship has been created by The Scholarship Hub, together with easyfundraising and is open to any current or prospective UK student who would like to boost their Uni funds with some extra cash.
We know that life can be hard as a student at the best of times, when you’re struggling for money, but with many of you now not being able to do your part time jobs, things could be a lot tougher. So we would love to help.
What’s on offer?
We are offering you the chance to win a scholarship worth £500. This money can be used to support you in your studies. Whether you decide to use it for food, accommodation, books, travel or bills, we don’t mind. It is up to you.
Who is eligible?
The scholarship is open to any UK citizen who is either a current or prospective undergraduate or postgraduate student. You must be already studying at or applying to study at a UK university.
In order to apply, you will need to register for a free Funds4uni account and sign up at least 3 supporters between April 1st and June 30th 2020.
If you are already using Funds4uni, then you will just need to sign up 3 new supporters between April 1st and June 30th 2020.
What is Funds4uni?
Funds4uni is a partnership between The Scholarship Hub and easyfundraising where students can earn free cashback towards their Uni costs whenever they or their families shop online with leading online retailers. It’s free to sign up and use and your purchases don’t cost anything extra. It’s just free money from the retailers you and your family are shopping with anyway.
All you have to do is create a free Funds4Uni account and every time you or your family buy something from over 4,000 shops including Amazon, eBay, Trainline, Asos, Just Eat, Argos, Boohoo, Tesco & Booking.com, the retailer you shop with sends you cashback which you can use towards the cost of your rent, course materials, travel and more.
How do I get 3 supporters?
Most students ask parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends and as it costs them nothing to help you get more money, they are usually quite willing. Once you have created your account, you will be a given unique link that they can use to register and support you via their everyday online shopping.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
One you have registered for a Funds4uni account between April 1st and June 30th 2020, you can then submit a short answer (200 words) to the following question. “How would winning a scholarship of £500 help you while you are at university?” Send your answer to [email protected] making sure to include your full name and year of entry to university.
Once you have signed up your 3 supporters, your application will be automatically submitted to the judges.
How will my application be judged?
The judges will be looking to award the money to a student whose answer shows that the money will have the greatest impact on their likely academic success or their well-being.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants for the Funds4uni Scholarship agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The joint promoters of the scholarship are The Scholarship Hub & easyfundraising.
- No other alternatives to the scholarship will be offered and the scholarship is not transferable.
- If you do not meet the eligibility criteria by the closing date of June 30th 2020, your entry will not be considered.
- Only one application per person will be considered and anyone who is found to have submitted more than one application will be disqualified.
- In accepting the scholarship, the scholarship winner agrees to take part in any promotional activity to publicise subsequent scholarships as required by easyfundraising and The Scholarship Hub.
- Winners will be notified by July 15th 2020.
- Scholarship money will be awarded directly to the winning student’s easyfundraising account.
- The scholarship applications will be judged on a discretionary basis by a panel of judges and the decision of the judges is final.
- This scholarship opportunity is not open to employees or the immediate family of employees of The Scholarship Hub or easyfundraising.
- When you apply for this scholarship, your personal and contact information will only be used to contact you if you win. By signing up for a Funds4uni account and applying for this scholarship, you will be subject to easyfundraising’s usual terms and conditions.