Applications for 2022 are now open
We believe in a level playing field for all in the veterinary industry, which is why Vets Now have launched our Ethnic Diversity scholarship scheme. This commitment will be focused on investing in and supporting people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds to start their career as a veterinary professional. Our Scholarship programme is part of our wider commitment to supporting diversity across the veterinary professions and within our business.
Successful candidates will be awarded an annual grant, mentoring from our BAME scholarship board members and a support network to help them through their studies.
Who is eligible?
In order to apply for this scholarship, you must be:
- A UK citizen
- Currently applying to enter one of the UK or ROI veterinary nursing colleges, on a higher education course which is accredited with the RCVS as a ‘licence to practice’ in veterinary nursing, for the 2022 intake
- You must self identify as being from the BAME community
- The financial background of your family will be taken into account during the application process and you will be asked to submit proof of this as assessed by Student Finance, with priority given to students from lower household income families.
What does the scholarship include?
There will be up to 4 scholarships available, each offering £2,500 a year during the course of your degree, plus mentoring and support.
- Applications open: March 8th 2022
- Applications close: May 31st 2022
- Shortlisted applicants notified: July 6th 2022
- Shortlisted applicants required to submit confirmation of place from their university by 30th August 2022
- Scholarship winners notified by September 6th 2022
How do I apply?
Applications can be made via the online application by following the link below.
How will my application be judged?
Your application will be assessed by our judging panel. In addition to the eligibility criteria set out above, which all applicants must meet, we will also be looking for strong evidence of
- A desire, as well as the necessary personal qualities and experiences to become a veterinary nurse.
- A clear demonstration of what impact receiving the scholarship would have in helping you to achieve this.
Whilst attending an interview will not be required of all applicants, in some cases you may be asked to interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants for the Vets Now Ethnic Diversity Scholarship agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The promoter of the scholarship is Vets Now, Penguin House, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8SG
- No other alternatives to the scholarship will be offered and the scholarship is not transferable.
- All applications must be completed and received in full by May 31st 2022. No consideration will be given to applications which do not meet all the conditions set out herein, which are incomplete or invalid, or which are received after the deadline. Vets Now accepts no responsibility for applications that are lost, corrupted, damaged or delayed in transit.
- All applications must be received via the online application form at .
- Only one application will be accepted per applicant. If an applicant is found to have submitted more than one application, they will be disqualified.
- When you apply for this scholarship, your personal and contact information will only be used in relation to this application and will be shared between The Scholarship Hub and Vets Now for this purpose only. More on the Companies’ privacy policies can be found here www.vets-now.com/legal/privacy-policy and https://www.thescholarshiphub.org.uk/terms-conditions-and-privacy-policy/
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by August 30th 2022 and will then be required to submit proof of place confirmation once it has been received. Final winners will be notified by September 6th 2022. The Scholarship finalists will be judged on a discretionary basis based on the merit of each application, by the selection committee. The decision of the selection committee regarding each application shall be final and there is no appeal against this decision.
- In accepting the scholarship, the scholarship winner agrees to take part in any promotional activity to publicise the scholarship, as required by Vets Now.
- Scholarship money will be awarded directly to the scholarship winner in four separate instalments during each academic year. The money can be used however the student chooses.
- Any winner found to have supplied incorrect or misleading information in their application at any time after the award will be liable to immediately repay any and all awards.
- This scholarship opportunity is not open to employees or the immediate family of employees of Vets Now.
- Continued support of the winners for the duration of your degree will be subject to continuing academic success. The decision as to whether you are deemed to have made satisfactory progress on your programme of study will be at the sole discretion of Vets Now. For the duration of your scholarship you will be required to submit progress reports when requested, from your academic tutor.