Applications for the 2021 Scholarship are now closed. Please check back again next year.
As Europe’s largest employers of vets, at IVC Evidensia UK we feel a duty to give something back to the profession by ensuring we can offer our staff the opportunities they want.
We believe in a level playing field for all in the veterinary industry, which is why we have launched our BAME scholarship scheme. This commitment will be focused on investing in and supporting people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds to start their career as a veterinary professional. Our Scholarship programme is part of our wider commitment to supporting ethnic diversity across the veterinary professions and within our business.
Successful candidates will be awarded an annual grant, mentoring from our BAME scholarship board members and a support network to help them through their studies.
Who is eligible?
In order to apply for this scholarship you must be:
- A UK or EU citizen
- Currently applying to enter one of the UK or ROI veterinary schools for the 2021 intake
- You must self identify as being from the BAME community
- The financial background of your family will be taken into account during the application process and you will be asked to submit proof of this as assessed by Student Finance, with priority given to students from lower household income families.
What does the scholarship include?
There will be 10 scholarships available, each offering £5,000 a year during the course of your degree, plus mentoring and support.
- Applications open: March 8th 2021
- Applications close: May 31st 2021
- Shortlisted applicants notified: June 30th 2021
- Shortlisted applicants required to submit confirmation of place from their university by 30th August 2021
- Scholarship winners notified by September 6th 2021
How do I apply?
Applications can be made via the online application by following the link below.
How will my application be judged?
Your application will be assessed by our judging panel. In addition to the eligibility criteria set out above, which all applicants must meet, we will also be looking for strong evidence of
- A desire, as well as the necessary personal qualities and experiences to become a vet.
- A clear demonstration of what impact receiving the scholarship would have in helping you to achieve this.
Whilst attending an interview will not required of all applicants, in some cases you may be asked to interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants for the IVCE Diversity Scholarship agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The promoter of the scholarship is IVC Evidensia UK, The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AU
- No other alternatives to the scholarship will be offered and the scholarship is not transferable.
- All applications must be completed and received in full by May 31st 2021. No consideration will be given to applications which do not meet all the conditions set out herein, which are incomplete or invalid, or which are received after the deadline. IVC Evidensia accepts no responsibility for applications that are lost, corrupted, damaged or delayed in transit.
- All applications must be received via the online application form at https://www.thescholarshiphub.org.uk/IVCE-Diversity-Scholarship.
- Only one application will be accepted per applicant. If an applicant is found to have submitted more than one application, they will be disqualified.
- When you apply for this scholarship, your personal and contact information will only be used in relation to this application and will be shared between The Scholarship Hub and IVC Evidensia for this purpose only. More on the Companies’ privacy policies can be found here https://ivcevidensia.co.uk/privacy-policy and https://www.thescholarshiphub.org.uk/terms-conditions-and-privacy-policy/
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by June 30th 2021 and will then be required to submit proof of place confirmation once it has been received. Final winners will be notified by September 6th 2021. The Scholarship finalists will be judged on a discretionary basis based on the merit of each application, by the selection committee. The decision of the selection committee regarding each application shall be final and there is no appeal against this decision.
- In accepting the scholarship, the scholarship winner agrees to take part in any promotional activity to publicise the scholarship, as required by IVCE.
- Scholarship money will be awarded directly to the scholarship winner in four separate instalments during each academic year. The money can be used however the student chooses.
- Scholarship winners may be offered paid internship opportunities during the course of their degree at IVCE veterinary clinics but this does not constitute an offer of employment upon graduation, nor is there any obligation on the winner to accept such an offer.
- Any winner found to have supplied incorrect or misleading information in their application at any time after the award will be liable to immediately repay any and all awards.
- This scholarship opportunity is not open to employees or the immediate family of employees of IVC Evidensia.
- Continued support of the winners for the duration of your degree will be subject to continuing academic success. The decision as to whether you are deemed to have made satisfactory progress on your programme of study will be at the sole discretion of IVCE. For the duration of the your scholarship you will be required to submit progress reports when requested, from your academic tutor.