Applications open June 1st 2021
Dogger Bank Wind Farm will be the world’s largest offshore wind farm. Located 130km off the coast of North East England it will provide power for more than 6 million homes. The wind farm has committed to investing in STEM educations and this includes the creation of a scholarship fund.
Dogger Bank Wind Farm is providing scholarships of £5,000 to students undertaking STEM degrees. The scholarship is to be used towards tuition fees.
To be considered for The Dogger Bank STEM Scholarship applicants must:
- Have a home address in East Riding of Yorkshire, Redcar & Cleveland or South Tyneside local authority areas.
- Be undertaking a STEM based full or part time course at a UK university in the academic year 2021/22.
- Be eligible for UK student tuition fees and student loans.
- Applications open June 1st 2021
- Applications close September 30th 2021
- Winners will be notified by October 15th
Scholarship Fund Criteria
The fund will make awards based on:
- Applicant demonstrating that at least 50% of their course is spent undertaking STEM subjects.
- Applicants demonstrating that they are currently undertaking a degree at a UK university in the academic year 2021/22.
- If the fund is oversubscribed priority will be given to applicants closest to the wind farm’s primary sites within each local authority area (postcodes HU17 0RN, NE33 1RZ and TS10 4FX).
- You will be informed of the outcome (successful or unsuccessful) of your application by October 15th, however, due to the high volume of anticipated applications, feedback will not be given.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of the scholarship is The Dogger Bank Wind Farm, 1 Forbury Place, 43 Forbury Road, Reading, United Kingdom, RG1 3JH.
- The decision of the selection committee regarding each application shall be final and there is no appeal against this decision.
- Each Scholarship is for the named person on the application only.
- The Scholarship is to be used in support of tuition fees only. The funding will be paid directly to the Student Loans Company.
- The Scholar must take part in the promotion of this Scholarship and may be asked to participate in having their photograph taken and providing a personal statement for use in promotional material. The Scholar’s personal data (email address, phone number and postal address) will be retained by The Scholarship Hub and will only be shared with Dogger Bank Wind Farm and SSE Renewables for purposes related to the Scholarship. Please see our privacy policies https://www.thescholarshiphub.org.uk/terms-conditions-and-privacy-policy/ and https://doggerbank.com/privacy-terms-2/
- If requested the Scholar must attend a Scholarships & Awards Ceremony (date and location to be confirmed) to be formally presented with the award.
- The scholar commits to informing The Scholarship Hub, Dogger Bank Wind Farm and SSE Renewables of their job and sector on completion of their degree.
- The Scholar should commence their programme of study during the academic year of 2021/22. Authorised postponements will be considered only in exceptional circumstances.
- The Scholarship Hub, Dogger Bank Wind Farm and SSE Renewables reserves the right to investigate and possibly withdraw a person from the Scholarship programme if there is adequate proven evidence of illegal activities discovered.
- The Scholarship Hub, Dogger Bank Wind Farm and SSE Renewables reserves the right to make reasonable changes to this contract at any time and will advise the Scholar if this occurs, as and when required.
- You can only receive one scholarship from the fund.